Monday, January 23, 2012

Just a little Post about the media.

How long has it been since the media shut down napster? Like 15 years? Well after 15 years or so we finally have a good replacement for it. Rdio, and Spotify are really nice freemium services that give the people what they want, music. The only reason the media was against napster was because they weren't making enough money from it, and the reason they never came out with something like it is because they couldn't figure out how to profit from it. Now streaming services are popping up everywhere, and frankly I'm not excited about it. I'd rather have my own copy of the media, movie or music. Because in 5 years when things change or Rdio goes out of business or Spotify gets too expensive, what do you have? several thousand dollars down the drain, and no library of songs/movies to show for it.

I love having an almost 100GB music library. It makes me happy that I can listen to whatever genre I want, whenever I want. thats also why I love google Music, because it stores all my songs, without ads, for free. Even if it wasn't free, I'd still use it, because i couldn't go without my music for one day. 

Hopefully the media will get it's head out of it's ass and start doing things the people want instead of doing things purely for money. The streaming services are a good start, but not enough. 

Also, I somehow have 23 pageviews and I'm really not sure how that happened. I havent even advertised this blog at all. :O But thanks for reading anyway! 

No comments:

Post a Comment